Bowl America Midlothian
More information about this job:
POSITION TITLE Shift Manager
PURPOSE: To assist the center Manager in the operations of the center with assigned responsibilities and functions, assuming the operational control in the absence of the Manager.
- Direct and supervise all operations of the center when scheduled to do so, or in the absence of the center Manager.
- Identify potential operational problems, develop and implement preventive actions with the approval of the center Manager.
- Handle customer complaints and problems that arise, using judgment as to which ones to refer to the center Manager.
- Assist in all phases of marketing, sales and promotions.
- Prepare reports, financial records and secure receipts as prescribed.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of and when needed, perform all duties of the control desk attendant, porter, snack bar. A working knowledge of some of the basic pinsetter machine problems is beneficial.
- Provide instructions and bowling assistance to the customer as warranted.
- Be familiar with opening and closing procedures.
- Direct, Supervise and evaluate staff performance.
DIRECTS WORK OF: All bowling center employees, as directed by Center Manager.
EXPERIENCE: Some experience in sales or retail management is preferred. Some bowling employment experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: Must have a good knowledge of general business methods including financial, marketing, and personnel. Thorough knowledge of league and tournament bowling is preferred.
JUDGEMENT: Judgment is regularly required not only in determining the methods of operation, but in analysis of complex problems and interpretation of procedures. Exceptional problems are referred to a higher level usually with recommendations for a solution.
RESPONSIBILITY: Under limited supervision, is responsible for assigned major areas of work and for the operation of the center in the absence of the Manager.
REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
- Employee must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently. Bilingual is a plus.
- This job requires being able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time. The job also requires bending, kneeling, reaching with good hand dexterity.
- The job requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The employee will be required to follow all Bowl America policies including cell phone use and dress code requirements.