Assistant Manager Trainee
Bowl America Falls Church
Falls Church, VA
More information about this job:
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Manager Trainee
PURPOSE: To assist the Manager in the operation of the bowling center with assigned responsibilities and functions, assuming the operational control in the absence of the Manager.
- Direct and supervise all operations of the center when scheduled to do so, or in the absence of the Manager.
- Identify potential operational problems, develop, recommend and implement preventive actions after discussion and approval from the center Manager.
- Handle customer complaints and problems that arise, using judgment as to which ones to refer to the Manager. Record all major customer complaints in the Managers’ log book.
- Assist in all phases of marketing, sales and promotions. This includes scheduling of all parties, pricing, league and tournament development.
- Prepare reports, financial records and secure receipts as prescribed.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of, and needed, assist or temporarily perform the duties of pinchaser, lane maintenance, janitor, bartender, wait staff, snack bar, service desk and program director.
- Provide bowling assistance or instruction to customers as needed.
- Be familiar with all opening and closing procedures when scheduled to do so.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate staff performance. This includes enforcement of Bowl America Dress code, cell phone and other corporate policies and procedures.
- Record summary account of the shifts activities in the Manager’s log book on a daily basis.
- Taking deposits to the bank every day (if banks are open) in accordance with company policies.
- All Assistant Managers are required to be on the concourse area and readily accessible to the customer and staff if not performing other duties. The task of back office paper work should be done during non busy times.
DIRECTS WORK OFF: All bowling center employees as directed by the center Manager
EDUCATION: High school graduate with at least two (2) years college preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Some experience in sales or retail management is preferred. Some bowling employment experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: Must have a good knowledge of general business methods including financial, marketing and personnel. Thorough knowledge of league and tournament bowling is preferred or must be able to learn quickly.
JUDGEMENT: Judgment is required regularly not only in determining the methods of operation but in analysis of complex problems and interpretation of procedures. Exceptional problems are referred to a higher level usually with recommendations for a solution.
SCHEDULING: All Managers and Assistant Managers must rotate between opening and closing shifts. All Managers and Assistant Managers are required to work at least one day or night weekend shift every 2 weeks. (Saturday or Sunday) Except for emergencies, Managers and Assistant Managers will not to be scheduled to work the same shift. Exceptions may include: Short staffed, league development, tournament activity or the center is hosting a major party or special event. Managers and Assistant Managers will be required to work shifts in which the center is hosting a major tournament, special event and / or tournament.
- This position requires long periods of time standing and walking.
- Applicant must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and have good hand dexterity.
- Applicant must be able to read, speak, write and understand English fluently. Bilingual is a plus.
- This job does require bending, reaching, and twisting.