Center Manager (120)
Bowl America Glen Burnie
Glen Burnie, MD
More information about this job:
POSITION TITLE: Center Manager
PURPOSE: To organize, develop plan and control the operations and promotions of the bowling establishment, including all affiliated operations in order to provide a community recreational service at a profit.
Plan, direct and coordinate financial control
- Operate within a budget so as to realize a satisfactory sales performance, cashflow and profit.
- Authorize purchases, disbursements and payroll in accordance with company policies.
- Supervise periodic audits or receipts, disbursements and other financial records
Direct and coordinate the business development program
- Analyze the area in which the establishment is located for market potential
- Create and implement promotional programs with approval from the Regional Manager
- Develop sound community relations by projecting the proper image for the establishment.
Hire and Train all Center Personal
- Follow company personnel guidelines in hiring employees
- Provide job descriptions to all employees
- Provide on the job training and continuing education, training and performance feedback
- Schedule employees in effective manner
Supervise Daily Operations
- Check receipts, disbursements and bank deposits
- Check maintenance and housekeeping
- Direct effective quality and profitability of snack bar, bar, pro shop, etc.
- Handle customer complaints
- Maintain inventory control and reporting systems
- Supervise preparation of daily sales reports
- Maintain filing system for records and reports
DIRECTS WORK OF: All bowling center employees
EDUCATION: High school graduate with at least two (2) years of college preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 – 5 years as an Assistant Manager or equivalent management position
KNOWLEDGE: Must have good knowledge of general business methods including financial, marketing and personnel. Thorough knowledge of league operation and regulations and tournament development and implementation is required or must be learned very quickly. Bowling league member or officer is a plus.
Because position requires daily interaction with employees, vendors, industry professionals and general public applicant must be able to read, speak, write and understand English fluently and bilingualism is a plus.
JUDGMENT: Judgment is required regularly not only in determining the method of operation but in the analysis of complex problems and interpretation of procedures.
RESPONSIBILITY: This position is totally responsible for all elements of the physical plant and business operations under limited supervision.
- This position requires long periods of time standing and walking.
- This position requires bending, reaching, and twisting.
- Applicant must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and have good hand dexterity.